Black Label - Large Christmas treeRegular price $59.95 Save $-59.95
Our large, intricately detailed, Christmas tree candle is as beautiful decoratively as it is when lit. It makes a perfect Christmas gift, decoration or Festive mood enhancer!
Dimensions: 20cm H x 9cm W (at its widest point)
Burn Time: ~35 hours
Please note: The design of this candle (narrow at the top, wider at the base; with undercuts at each branch) means it will drip when burning. Please ensure the candle is on a plate / saucer when burning.
Keep any drips and when you have spare time, use any left over wax to make a natural beeswax furniture cream, lip balm or French canele's (simply Google each for recipes).
- Putting a candle into a glass vessel multiplies the light emitted by the candle many times over.
Curved glass (like a fishbowl) will achieve a better result than straight sided glass because the flame is reflected from many angles. Any glass is better than no glass!
- Always allow your candle to burn to the outside edge. As some sage physicist said at some stage in the past “if you don’t allow your candle to burn out to the edge, it won’t burn out to the edge.”
- When putting out a pillar candle, use the end of any poker type object (we use the bottom of a pen) to dunk the wick into the molten wax pool and then ensure you lift it out again and re-centre the wick. This stops the wick from smoking (and keeps the wick strong).
Before you relight a pillar candle, always trim the wick to 7mm or so (a little shorter than a centimeter)… if you dipped your wick to put the candle out, it will be coated with wax that has now gone cold so you should be able to trim the wick with your fingertips without getting soot on them!
- We recommend always burning a candle on a fire safe and heat proof surface. Ceramic, tile, mirror plate, glass, marble… should all be heat proof (unless they have a special finish on them in which case check first). Never burn a candle directly on to a timber surface.
- Think about where your candle flame is going to be when you light the candle and ensure there is nothing that can come into contact with the flame (loose paper, curtains or anything else flammable).
- Think about candle safety when you’re setting a dinner table… leave enough room between the candles to allow your guests to pass dishes and drinks without burning themselves or knocking the candles over.
- Every child is different, so it is up to you whether it is appropriate to teach your child about fire or not and at what age. If you’re worried about fire safety around kids, think about putting the candles in a holder with a wide flat base (like a vase or fishbowl) and either keeping them out of reach, or, better still, educating the kids not to touch them while they’re burning.
We have had hundreds of customers over the years who have told us that they have taught their kids that when the candles are lit in the evening it is ‘quiet time’… dinner, bath & bed.
Every Queen B candle is made with 100% pure Australian beeswax plus a pure cotton wick. Nothing else. No fillers. No fragrances. No soy, palm or paraffin wax… just the purest beeswax in the world. There are many benefits of this approach:
- our candles all burn with an golden aura-ed flame that is larger than their toxic cousins (because of the high melting point of the wax we can use a larger wick) throwing more light;
- they burn significantly longer than any non-beeswax candles of a similar size;
- they purify the air via ionisation and have significant health benefits especially for those of us suffering from respiratory problems like asthma;
- using them is good for your health, good for Australian beekeepers, good for the regional communities they live in, good for farmers who rely on bees for pollination, good for national parks and state forests, good for the environment, good for artisan skills, good for Australian jobs and because of all of that, good for you!!